You might find this odd, but I realized I miss the sound of “Miss, miss, miss” accompanied by an arm flailing, ready to become unhinged any minute now. Oh yes, I’m talking about students. Disregard the absent name following “Miss” and forget entirely that the Greek equivalent of this is “Kyria” (=Mrs) — a shock of entirely different proportions in and of itself.
It’s probably because September is just around the corner, and back to school themes and items are all over the place. Like everyone else, I’m getting back to form — armed with a roller paint brush.
Ready for action!
You see, I had to get my classroom ready for September. I started by freshening up the wall with some new paint.
Careful not to touch my handmade wooden stars decoration
After a weekend of slaving away with cleaning, sorting, shopping and the like, I’m happy to say that my classroom walls are waiting to echo that enticingly inviting and often annoying “Miss, Miss, Miss”.
Here are some photos of the place:
Have a seat
Grab a book
And pay attention!
What do you think?
I’m still trying to figure out what day it is. All day today I thought it was Monday. Somewhere along the line, I checked my cellphone and realized that lo and behold, time can’t keep up with me and it’s already Tuesday. I had a few numbers I wanted to mention, so what the hell?
Play along, will you? Let’s go!
- 4 new prints to be framed. Well, make that 2, because I couldn’t help it. Came to Cyprus to discover 4 prints from the wonderfully talented Sam. Thanks ever so much! They look great on my bedroom wall.
- 1 point something weeks in Cyprus. Getting into the rhythm of things has been slow but I’m gradually getting there. Imminent move happening soon, as well as major renovation of my current apartment, but when all that happens, I’ll have some photos for you. It seems like eons from now.
- 5 blog posts this week. This is a phenomenal change back to routine again. I’ve missed the internet and blogging.
- 12 origami butterflies in all sorts of colors!
- 1 lovely dog that was happy to see me again!
Woof! Meet muffin.
- 3 yellow chairs I put together for my little classroom.
- 1 new sticker on my car. Just so you can tell it’s me (thanks to Gabbi!)
Oh yes it is!
How was your week in numbers?